Date : 15 February 2023
Time : 1:15pm – 2:00pm
Speaker : Dr Liu Fan – NUS-ISS
Location : Capital Tower (Level 9) – In Person (Also available on Zoom)
The HeadHunt Postgraduate Fair – Feb 2023 (19th Edition) aims to provide professionals with an understanding of how postgraduate education and continuing education programs can support their career advancement and personal growth.
The above Masterclass Talk is part of the HeadHunt Postgraduate Fair held at Guoco Tower. Click here for more details on the Fair
- Roadshow – 24 Institutions over 4 Days – Click for Schedule
- Masterclass Talks – 12 x Masterclass Talks over 4 Days – Click for Schedule
For our Masterclass Session on 15th Feb (1:15pm), Dr Liu Fan from NUS-ISS will be speaking on the topic of MRT Platform Crowd Analysis.
MRT Platform Crowd Analysis
Dr Liu Fan
Lecturer & Consultant, Software Systems Practice
Speaker Profile :
Singapore is one of the most densely populated country in the world. Reliable and cost-effective public transportation system plays an essential role in Singapore economy. In 2014, the government of Singapore launched its Smart Nation initiatives. It is an initiative to harness Info-Comm technologies, networks and big data to create solutions to bring better life to Singaporean. The contribution of this presentation is two-fold: (1) Create a real time dashboard to monitor train platform crowd status; (2) Create a classification model to predict the crowd level of each MRT station. The multi-classification model is trained using random forest and SMOTE (Synthetic Minority Oversampling Technique).
This presentation uses various types of data including train station information, weather information and train platform crowd levels collected from different data providers such as LTA, NEA and OneMap to monitor MRT platform crowd level in real time. The monitor system is built on top of a big data framework. Big data ecosystem is established as follows:
- Apache Flume and Kafka are used to ingest real time data;
- Spark Streaming reads and processes the streaming data from Kafka and write the processed data into HBase;
- Spark SQL and Hive are used to transfer data from HBase to MySQL;
- Tableau is used to create real time dashboard to monitor and visualize MRT platform crowd status.
Masterclass Talk Schedule – 15th Feb to 18th Feb (45 Min)
- 15 Feb (11:00am) – Becoming a Carbon Neutral Company – Aventis
- 15 Feb (11:45am) – Sustainable Development: Working with the Markets – NUS
- 15 Feb (12:30pm) – Shaping the Entrepreneurial Landscape – NUS
- 15 Feb (1:15pm) – MRT Platform Crowd Analysis – NUS
- 16 Feb (11:45am) – Sustainability Strategies to Gain Competitive Advantage – JCU
- 16 Feb (12:30pm) – Growth Hacking to Success -SMU
- 16 Feb (1:15pm) – Sustainability and Household Finance – NUS
- 17 Feb (11:00am) – Understanding Private Equity: An Investor Perspective – SMU
- 17 Feb (11:45am) – Healthcare Financing and Payment Models – SMU
- 17 Feb (12:30pm) – Prescriptive Analytics : Identifying Optimal Solutions to Business Problems- SMU
- 17 Feb (1:15pm) – Blockchain and Governance – SMU
- 18 Feb (1:15pm) – Workplace Self-Care & Burnout – Monash
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COPYRIGHT
All information (including but not limited to the Zoom Video, Presentation and PowerPoint Slides) contained within the Brown Bag Sessions Presentations are considered proprietary intellectual property and should not be distributed or shared without written consent.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
TERMS AND CONDITION
By filling up this registration form, you hereby agree and consent to RJ Media’s Terms and Conditions as stated at http://www.postgrad.com.sg/terms-conditions/