Date: 17 July 2023
Time: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
Format : Virtual via Zoom
Speaker : Dr Bi Xiaofang
The Brown Bag Series aims to help Singaporeans gain new skills and competencies to level up their careers.
The Critical Core Skills Workshop (July 23) is a 6-part series organised by HeadHunt in collaboration with the Lifelong Learning Institute to help Singaporeans.
For our Brown Bag Session on 17th July, Dr Bi Xiaofang from Institute for Adult Learning, SUSS will be speaking on the topic of What Skills to Build.
What Skills to Build
Dr Bi Xiaofang
Senior Researcher, Research Division
Institute for Adult Learning, SUSS
The Critical Core Skills (CCS) profiling and development study sought an understanding of how CCS are distributed and developed in different occupations. The study managed to draw out the development pathway of CCS for the participants.
Critical Core Skill (CCS):
What is Critical Core Skills ?
Transferable soft skills and competencies critical for employability and career mobility
Critical Core Skills (CCS) comprises of 16 competencies across three skills cluster, that workplaces deem essential. They are:
- Thinking Critically: Cognitive skills are the root of technical skill development and progression. It is needed to think broadly and creatively to see connections and opportunities during change.
- Interacting with Others: Learning from others is an effective way to acquire new skills, exchange ideas and build a shared understanding of a problem or situation.
- Staying Relevant: Managing oneself effectively and paying close attention to trends that impact work and living, to provide the strategies, direction and motivation for technical skill development.
Click here to find out more about the Critical Core Skills
Critical Core Skills Series – Workshop Schedule
- 11th July – Social Intelligence: A Lost Art | CCS : Collaboration
- 14th July – Self-Regulation: Learning from Athletes | CCS : Self Management
- 17th July – What Skills to Build | CCS : Learning Agility
- 21st July – Unlocking Impactful Communication Strategies | CCS : Influence
- 25th July – Creative Confidence Through Positive Psychology | CCS : Creative Thinking
- 28th July – Storytelling with HR Data | CCS : Sense Making