Date: 25 July 2023
Time: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
Format : Virtual via Zoom
Speaker : Angela Ng
The Brown Bag Series aims to help Singaporeans gain new skills and competencies to level up their careers.
The Critical Core Skills Workshop (July 23) is a 6-part series organised by HeadHunt in collaboration with the Lifelong Learning Institute to help Singaporeans.
For our Brown Bag Session on 25th July, Angela Ng from Singapore Institute of Technology will be speaking on the topic of Creative Confidence Through Positive Psychology.
Creative Confidence Through Positive Psychology
Singapore Institute of Technology
The session will begin by introducing the concept of creative confidence and explaining its importance in personal and professional life. Creative confidence can be developed individually or as part of an organization culture to encourage creative thinking. The speaker will then dive into the principles of positive psychology and how they can be used to foster creativity and build confidence. The workshop will then move on to explore specific Positive Psychology strategies for boosting creative confidence.
Critical Core Skill (CCS):
What is Critical Core Skills ?
Transferable soft skills and competencies critical for employability and career mobility
Critical Core Skills (CCS) comprises of 16 competencies across three skills cluster, that workplaces deem essential. They are:
- Thinking Critically: Cognitive skills are the root of technical skill development and progression. It is needed to think broadly and creatively to see connections and opportunities during change.
- Interacting with Others: Learning from others is an effective way to acquire new skills, exchange ideas and build a shared understanding of a problem or situation.
- Staying Relevant: Managing oneself effectively and paying close attention to trends that impact work and living, to provide the strategies, direction and motivation for technical skill development.
Click here to find out more about the Critical Core Skills
Critical Core Skills Series – Workshop Schedule
- 11th July – Social Intelligence: A Lost Art | CCS : Collaboration
- 14th July – Self-Regulation: Learning from Athletes | CCS : Self Management
- 17th July – What Skills to Build | CCS : Learning Agility
- 21st July – Unlocking Impactful Communication Strategies | CCS : Influence
- 25th July – Creative Confidence Through Positive Psychology | CCS : Creative Thinking
- 28th July – Storytelling with HR Data | CCS : Sense Making